At Driving Solutions, we offer complete evaluations to objectively determine driver safety. Decisions about driving, or not driving, should be made with the full knowledge and support of family and friends in an open, professional and objective process.
Virtual Driver Consultation
- Contact us for a free phone or email consultation about any driving safety concerns
- *If you live in a remote area and need advice about personal of family driving issues we will arrange a personalized, confidential consultation with you over the zoom platform
- *If you live in an area without driver evaluation specialists we will perform a virtual driver consultation to further assess your driver remotely using the Zoom platform
- *If you are concerned about confidentiality or engagement with the local DMV we can work with you over a virtual call to address that anxiety
We have answers, resources and referrals for you!
The Driving Solutions Advantage
Our Driver Safety Consultants are uniquely qualified Occupational Therapists that provide medical and functional performance assessment to provide a meaningful evaluation.
What we offer:
- Clinical Assessment of the physical, visual, perceptual and cognitive skills that underlie safe driving. There is no actual driving during a clinical assessment.
- A formal, written report of the results of the clinical evaluation is provided to the driver and their referring physician including specific recommendations based on evaluation results.
- Road Test Evaluation of the performance skills that are critical for safe driving. Typically the evaluator will assess lane placement, observation skills, reaction time, traffic awareness, scanning and more. Separate arrangements are made for on-road evaluation based on recommendations developed during the clinical assessment. There are many considerations for on road evaluation that deserve careful discussion about proceeding. Road test evaluations always occur on a different day. We use either a professional driving school or the RMV for your driving performance evaluation
- Expert Consultation to assisted living centers and health services agencies about policy development regarding clients and driving.
- Referrals to agencies and resources that provide driving-related services such as adaptive equipment, specialized driving lessons, and options for adaptations.
- Free phone or email consultations are always available
- *NEW* Virtual Driver Consultation for virtual assessment, recommendations and referrals for any question regarding medical issues and driver safety
The Driving Solutions Advantage
When you choose Driving Solutions to address your driver safety needs, you can be sure that you will receive:
Clear communication to client, family and physician
Compassionate and professional advice about driver safety
Confidential consultation in the comfort of your own home
We encourage our clients to use us as a resource for driver safety knowledge, and as a way begin the rehabilitation process.
We would be happy to share with you :
Knowledge of Massachusetts RMV policies, procedures and practices
Simple remediation techniques such as home exercise programs
Safe driving tips and techniques